WeatherHawk Signature-Series Firmware with new style Temp/RH Sensor (CR200X.Std.04.a43) and CR200X Datalogger
If you have an earlier OS version (Std.00 or later) you can update your WeatherHawk operating system in a Signature Series system yourself.
To check the WeatherHawk OS and data logger program you must use a PC to communicate directly with the weather station.
Warning: If you are doing a general update of your firmware for other reasons, DO NOT USE this OS and Program if your WeatherHawk has been modified for a special application, or if it connects to a WeatherTalk system, or if it is wireless and has the V.04a, or earlier operating system. Updating the OS in very early versions of a WeatherHawk wireless system will disable the RF module and it will have to be replaced. For modified WeatherHawk system OS and program updates contact WeatherHawk Technical Support directly.
Note: If your archive files are not current we recommend that you download the data in your WeatherHawk and note the current set-up values for Longitude, Latitude, Altitude, Logger Address and Radio Set-up (if your system is wireless). Updating the OS and Program will erase the system data logger memory and reset all data logger set-up values to the defaults.
To determine your OS and Program versions follow these steps:
- Close all programs on your PC and connect directly to your WeatherHawk weather station RS-232 serial port.
- Go to the Device Configuration Utility data logger communications program supplied with your software. If your software is Virtual Weather Station (VWS) this is located at: C:\vws\Weatherhawk\DevConfig.exe, and open the program. If your software was installed in a different directory or you are using WeatherHawk-XP/X software you can use the Windows search function to locate devconfig_wh.
- On the DevConfig WH software menu sidebar select WeatherHawk
- Select the communications port
- Select Connect
Select the Data Monitor tab at the top and select the status table on the left. You will see the name OSversion.
- The current OS Version should be: CR200X.Std.04.a43